Network Manager / IT Networked Services Technician
Job Title: Network Manager
Location: Northallerton, North Yorkshire
Salary: Starting salary £30,785.00 rising to £32,486.00 per annum
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Closing date: 18th April 2018
The Service have an exciting opportunity for a Network Manager to join their IT team to manage, support and develop the efficient and effective delivery and digital modernisation of their radio, voice and data networks and 999 function.
The ICT team is key in the conceptualisation, design, delivery and maintenance of the Service's ICT infrastructure, ensuring a customer focused, feature rich, system design and secure environment are at the forefront of everything they do.
Working at the leading edge of emergency services communications the main elements of the role include:
- Influence, manage and contribute to the effective and efficient implementations, delivery and improvements to the 999 function;
- Manage and contribute in the lifecycle (specification, design, procurement, configuration, installation and maintenance) of all communications bearers, network fundamentals and equipment;
- Ensure the controls and safeguards are in place and suitably configured to the Service's perimeters and interconnecting networks;
- Oversee the management, delivery and development of the Service's IP telephony based systems;
- Lead, manage and support the multi-disciplined team for the network, mobilising and communications area of responsibility;
- Contribute to the design, implementation and testing of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans and processes;
- Maintain local and national radio schemes and contribute to future programmes and projects, including the Governments Emergency Services Mobile Communications Programme (ESMCP) on behalf of the Service;
- Work seamlessly with the Head of ITSS and the rest of the IT team to effectively deliver a whole digital solution for users and stakeholders;
- The ability and desire to support and implement change programmes balanced with the composure to maintain BAU during times of change.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience and working knowledge of modern data bearers, network devices and fundamentals;
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of security risk management;
- Working knowledge of managing and delivering radio and mobile networks;
- Experience of working within a service oriented IT Service Desk function;
- Full current UK driving licence.
Terms and Conditions:
The successful candidates will be required to undertake a security and vetting clearance due to the location of the role.
The post is conditioned to the Scheme of Conditions of Service for NJC Local Government Services (Green Book). Benefits include flexitime scheme, 24 days' annual leave (29 days after 5 years' continuous service), Local Government Pension Scheme and optional additional benefits from Everybody Benefits Scheme including Child Care Vouchers and Cycle to work
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; IT Network Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, Technical Support Analyst, IT Support Engineer, Helpdesk Engineer, IT Helpdesk Engineer, IT Networks Engineer, IT Support Analyst, Customer Support Engineer, Networks Technician may also be considered for this role.