Senior Staff Nurse
Careers focused on people
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group with 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and two Specialist Cancer Care Centres across England, Wales and Scotland. We deliver to the highest standard of care, and we've been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for nearly 40 years.
A career at Spire Healthcare offers variety, development and outstanding teamwork. Here at Spire Manchester we are looking for 2 Senior Staff Nurses for to provide exemplary planned care for patients while managing a team.
About the role
To ensure the team delivers effective patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership.
1. Develop practice in the assessment of health and well being needs.
2. Develop practice in addressing individual's health and well being needs.
3. Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
4. Develop knowledge and practice in an area of work.
5. Develops a working environment and culture that actively improves health, safety and security.
6. Develop and improve services.
7. Improve quality.
8. Support and enable equality, diversity and rights.
9. Lead others in the development of knowledge, ideas and work practices.
10. Plan, allocate, assess and provide feedback to team members.
11. Maintain and support the use of efficient use of physical and financial resources.
12. Undertake Human resource activities for all members of the team.
13. Acknowledge the risk of Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI) and understand own responsibility as agreed with line manager in the prevention and control of HCAI.
Duties and responsibilities
Develop practice in the assessment of health and well being needs.
Develop practice in addressing individual's health and well being needs
Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
Develop knowledge and practice in own area of work.
Develop a working environment and culture that actively improves health, safety and security.
Develop and improve services.
Lead others in the development of knowledge, ideas and work practice.
Plan, allocate, assess and provide feedback to team members.
Maintain and support the efficient use of physical and financial resources.
Who we're looking for
2.Analysing staff and ward management problems and coming up with viable solutions
3.Working as a practitioner in and across multi disciplinary teams
4.Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied patient case mixes
5.Challenging consultants to influence evidence based practice
6.Share evidence based practices with colleagues to enhance service and standards
7.Experience of working in partnership with consultants and participating in creating innovative solution for the service
We commit to our employees well-being through training, support and reward. We offer employees a market competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Private medical insurance
* Wellness screening
* Eyesight tests
* Childcare vouchers
* Cycle to work
* Discount portal (including cash back and reloadable cards)
Join us, share our values and invest in your future. With opportunities to learn and develop your own skills, you can help us build on our reputation for excellent service.