Compliance Officer (Legal)
Our client is an innovator in the legal services market, growing rapidly since its inception in 2001. Their UK subsidiary consists of several business units focused on company formation, SME engagement and SME product development and consumer legal services. One of the business units is an Alternative Structure Law firm and this role will have a major contribution in this area.
They are now looking for a Compliance Officer, to be based in their office in Wakefield.
- To ensure all activities of the organisation are carried out within the regulatory framework.
- To apply and enforce all appropriate Acts, regulation, codes, standards, controls and policies across the business in all entities.
- Overseeing the enhanced customer due diligence, safeguarding that the team have completed all relevant tasks to comply with AML regulations.
- Attending to AML queries and issues raised by the teams; reporting to the relevant stakeholders and regulatory bodies where necessary.
- Being a Deputy Money Laundering Officer working with the rest of the team.
- Liaising with regulatory bodies and third parties; keep abreast with the changes in the compliance areas.
- Excellent written communication skills needed to draft and revise company policies.
- Working with the operational areas of the organisation to ensure regulatory compliance forms part of any processes.
- Assisting with setting up compliance and quality training activities for the business
- Key responsibilities will be on Data Protection/ General Data Protection Regulation. Providing advice and information to monitoring. You will become the first point of call on this matter for the company and carrying out internal audits.
- Developing and maintaining best practice and compliance in data protection, Anti Money Laundering and Criminal Finance Act legislation.
- Produce Compliance reports for the business.
- Someone who needs to ensure that their advice to the business takes account of the business objectives and demonstrate business acumen. To provide solutions that are business friendly.
- Someone who has skills and human qualities which allow them to advice, train and raise awareness amongst the organisation’s staff on the significance of business ethics and compliance.
- Organise and supervise the training sessions.
- Someone who is on the alert for potential areas of vulnerability or risk and work with management and operations to develop contingency plans.
- You will be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the importance of compliance and quality to an organisation's commercial success.
- A strong customer centric focus and excellent stakeholder management/communication skills are essential.
- Collaborating with departments to direct compliance issues through appropriate channels.
- A highly flexible, self-motivated approach and the capability to work well and flourish within a team environment
A competitive, negotiable salary is offered.
If you are interested in this role, please apply at your earliest convenience.