IT Information and Administration Manager
London, Permanent role
IT Information and Administration Manager £33,653 - £41,329
Why choose us?
The University of the Arts London is one of the top 6 universities in the world for art and design and Comprises of 6 globally renowned colleges. It is a highly desirable and varied place of work and requires an innovative, high performing IT service to deliver to this highly creative community. UAL supports around 20,000 students and 5,000 staff based across 14 sites in the heart of London.
The University is currently going through a period of ambitious change and redevelopment, in line with the 2015-2022 strategy, and the Programmes and Projects Team within IT Services is growing to meet the ambitions of the University. As a result, this is an exciting time to join an expanding team that is tasked with delivering a wide range of high-profile strategic projects. The role As an ambitious and driven Information and Administration Manager you will be responsible for the provision of the IT Services Information management practices and office management. You will proactively providing guidance to the whole department on information and data management best practice, processing Freedom of Information and working on projects to help them understand General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) needs.
Providing a customer focused administration for IT services, you will manage a small team as well as supporting the IT Services governance groups. You will be responsible for developing agendas, taking and distributing minutes, following up actions, arranging workshops, supporting the sponsors and CIO to ensure that these meetings run smoothly and within best practice.
- Experience of supporting colleagues with data protection standards and legislation, including responding to freedom of information and subject access requests
- Working knowledge of information management best practice and Data Protection is required
- You will be a self-motivated and dynamic individual who is able to motivate and lead a team effectively, setting clear objectives to manage performance
- Experience in managing information systems i.e. SharePoint, intranet
- Demonstrable experience of providing an administrative service
- Experience of co-ordinating governance meetings
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the use of visual media and are able to adapt the message to a diverse audience in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and where appropriate, across or with different professional groups
- As an employer of choice the University of the Arts London offers an extensive benefits package including:
- Competitive salary package of £33,653-41,329 per annum dependent on experience
- 35 days annual leave (inclusive of days between Christmas and New Year when it closes) plus public holidays
- Competitive pension package
- A healthy work-life balance for all employees
Closing date: 8th April Interview Date on site at the University of the Arts London:17th April