Back Line Technical Support
An opportunity has arisen for a Back Line Technical Support to provide advanced support for our in-house developed billing software, ebillz. The role will also include getting involved in development tasks to improve the billing platform. The successful candidate will report to the Back Line Team Leader and will work from our offices in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire but may be required to travel and support other sites as required.
Officially #1 - The Sunday Times Best Company to Work For 2018
Chess are one of the UK’s leading Voice, Connect, Cloud, Cybersecurity and Digital solution providers,helping over 100,000 businesses grow through innovative technology and expert advice.
Not only do we pride ourselves on our award-winning service, we are also extremely proud to have been placed 1st in 'The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work for’ list 2018 after 9 consecutive years in the top 100.
"a GREAT place to work, a GREAT place to be a customer"
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Helpdesk telephone/email support
- Diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults
- Helping customers with their data management
- Installing and configuring software
- Investigating advance helpdesk queries
- New Development/Testing Tasks
- Debugging/Fixing Errors
Skills & Qualities you will need to demonstrate:
- A good working knowledge of relational Database such as Microsoft SQL Server
- A good working knowledge Microsoft Applications including Access, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Microsoft SQL Experience (1-2 Years)
- Excellent/Confident Telephone manner
- Ability to work as a team member
- Good Analytical Skills
- Good Time Management Skills
- Previous experience in the Telecoms Industry would be an advantage but is not essential.
Basic salary: Up to £30,000 depending on experience
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance and Loyalty Scheme, Company Online Benefits - where you can save money on almost all of your lifestyle expenses from buying a car to eating out in a restaurant. In addition, we offer free food each day (breakfast and lunch) and we have wellbeing social clubs with the options to do things such as Yoga, Running, walking
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, normal office hours apply.
Holiday Allowance: 20 days paid holiday p.a. increased upon anniversaries, ultimately to 24 days p.a., plus public holidays
"Play Your Part"
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that "if you’re not growing, we’re not growing".
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess is the place for you.