SF Group are currently recruiting for a Management Accountant for a fast growing retail business in Nottingham. This is an exciting time to join the business after recent Private Equity funding and offers exposure across the business.
As the Management Accountant you will be reporting into the FD and assist in developing and embedding the systems and reporting required to create value in anticipation of the sale of the business
- Lead the production of monthly management accounts on a timely basis
- Variance analysis
- Assist FD in designing and implementing robust internal processes to maximise efficiency, and ensure time can be spent on Value Creating activities
- Work with the finance team to ensure all system generated data is fit for analytical purposes
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are fully reconciled on a monthly basis
- Plan and monitor cashflow, to ensure the business' expansion needs can be met
- Implement and monitor effective internal controls to minimise risk and manage expenditure
- Statutory reporting e.g. VAT, ONS
- Design, implement and monitor internal accounting policies e.g. expenses, capex
- Remain up to date with all appropriate Financial Reporting Standards
- Lead a team of five, ensuring PDPs in place for all and conducting regular appraisals
- Continuous improvement of MI pack
You will be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent) with previous experience of working in a fast paced finance environment. You will have commercial acumen, with the ability to cope with and drive change and manage multiple projects. You will be detailed focus with and drive efficiencies.
This is an exciting time to join this business as they continue to grow and offers wide exposure across the business and to the PE House. The role offers the opportunity to continue to develop and progress and is a real CV enhancing role.
If this sounds like the opportunity you are looking for, then please apply now for immediate consideration.