An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Credit Controller to join a busy accounts team at DBS Law, a law firm located on the edge of Birmingham City Centre.
The candidate will have proven credit control skills, gained in a professional services organisation, preferably a law firm.
You will liaise with Fee Earners to discuss their debtors, chase outstanding amounts via email and telephone, handle internal and external queries, carry out regular reporting, admin and filing, as well as generally providing support to the Accounts Team Leader and the wider Accounts Team.
- Proven experience within the credit control function of an Accounts department ideally within a legal or professional services environment;
- Strong administration and coordination skills;
- Knowledge of Solicitor's Accounts Rules;
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills;
- The ability to communicate professionally at all levels within the firm;
- The ability to work calmly under pressure; and
- Excellent attention to detail.
Candidates will also be expected to demonstrate that they are:
- Self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision;
- Able to work in a busy, professional environment;
- Proactive in their approach;
- Focused on the delivery of a first class service and able to get hands on when required;
- Wiliness to learn; and
- A team player who can manage, motivate and work alongside others.
Join our team
What drives your decision for what law firm to work for? Is it being given the opportunity to excel in your field in a thriving client base? Is it the chance to be innovative within your field and offer your clients that something special? Or are you more inclined to work somewhere that allows you to improve both yourself and the communities around you?
If so, then DBS is the perfect fit for you!
More than a law firm
At DBS Law, we’re not like traditional law firms - and we don’t hide it!
We’re always looking at innovative new ways of servicing our clients, staying true to our core values of providing award-winning customer service, working to provide added value beyond our legal service offering, and having a positive impact to the communities we serve in the Midlands and nationwide.
This is highlighted through being the first law firm to receive the Government Cabinet Office’s Customer Service Excellence charter mark award, through our additional offerings through our legal and professional services such as our fee-share network Atrium or our lunchtime briefings Law over Lunch, as well as through our community work with DBS Heart.
Through extensive investment in our IT infrastructure, we are now able to offer a number of flexible working initiatives to our staff including flexible hours, home working, and hot-desking.
We offer our staff a range of employee benefits including:
- private health insurance
- dental cover,
- a monthly contribution towards gym membership,
- life assurance,
- death in service cover, and
- a stakeholder pension.