Production Engineer - Full Time - Permanent - Immediate Start -Competitive Salary
Your new company
We are currently recruiting for a fantastic client based in Stockton on Tees. The group is invested in designing, developing and manufacturing quality components for the global Automotive Industry. From the interior of a vehicle to the exterior, inclusive of the engine, our client has a wealth of knowledge and expertise in many product areas.
Your new role
The position is for a Production Engineer, your main duties will include:
- To develop new and existing manufacturing methods within the company and support production's needs.
- Refurbishment and re-engineering of existing assembly equipment to achieve OEE improvement objectives.
- Carry out TPM activities to sustain machine condition and performance standards.
- Identify opportunities for waste elimination and automation through robust engineering solutions.
- Support programme introductions with new equipment installation/modification of existing equipment.
- Project-manage new assembly and moulding equipment introduction.
- Assist in the design of new assembly equipment.
- Train existing personnel and identify training needs.
- Liaise with production to meet the ongoing needs of production e.g. Fault finding, diagnostics
- Assist and develop production with the implementation of their improvement plans i.e. reject reduction, machine utilisation, cycle times ,Raw material utilisation, tooling problems, improved automation, etc.
- Investigate new manufacturing methods and propose introduction/ budgets of equipment.
- Ensure that new projects meet the required introduction timing.
- Create action plans to overcome problems.
- Participate and promote good health and safety practice at all times.
- Carry out risk assessments on all new equipment.
- Manage, develop and create procedures to improve Production engineering operations.
The position is running on day shift - hours will be worked in line with business requirements.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience
- HNC or degree in Electrical engineering or Mechanical engineering, or Mechatronics
- PLC Programming
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems
- Electrical installation IEE 17th edition
- Experience programming Cartesian and 6 axis robots
- Experience of vision checking systems
- Visual basic programming
- Familiarity with Kaizen, 5s, PPS, 8D or 6 sigma techniques
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.