In House Solicitor
In House Solicitor (Residential/Commercial)
Salary - up to £80k per annum
My client’s legal department is looking for a Senior Solicitor to work in house and to liaise with their clients, investors, external firm of solicitors and developers.
- Comply with licensing on a large portfolio of UK based properties also review the compliance documents for all the property portfolios.
- Work with external solicitors/Firms and coordinate conveyancing sales of commercial and residential contracts as well as following procedures of evicting tenants and attending court for various legal matters.
- Advising on contractual matters relating to projects and providing strategic legal advice to the business
- Provide contract and legal advice to the business and operational teams working on projects
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including the Board of Directors, senior management, suppliers, customers and tenants.
- Contract drafting, review, amendment and implementing acquisition/sale missives for a variety of transaction types
- Provide contract advice as required including interpretation and resolution of contractual issues and participate in customer contract negotiations as required.
- Negotiate and secure appropriate agreements with partners & key subcontractors as required.
- Work with colleagues to meet and negotiate with external customers, partners, subcontractors, and vendors concerning a diverse set of complex commercial and contractual relationships to achieve acceptable and cost-effective outcomes.
- Other ad hock duties as required.
- Qualified solicitor with several years post qualification experience in commercial contracts ideally in residential property and/or construction.
- Experience of successfully working on complex contractual proposals and strong general commercial expertise.
- Experience of building strong relationships and successfully negotiating with customers, partners and key subcontractors.
- Ability to identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities and take appropriate action.
- A confident, motivated individual who is willing to learn and to work both collaboratively and on their own initiative with a commitment to delivering results.