Head of Software Engineering and Development
Head of Software Development and Engineering
(Remote working ideally, London Head Office, £70,000-£90,000 DOE, plus benefits)
Finch Club Recruitment are working with one of the fastest growing recreational gaming companies in the UK to find a Head of Engineering and Development to join their established, highly technical software development team.
· Ownership of the delivery of our technology vision
· Daily management of the software developers
· Responsibility for recruiting and retaining the engineering talent
· You will work alongside our CTO to navigate our technical roadmap and our senior team will be Meeting quarterly
· Managing the budget for our development team
· Conducting code reviews, Hands on Engineering when needed, Debugging, writing your own automation tests
· Rails 4
· Flash - ActionScript 2.0 and a new HTML5/JS client
· MySQL, Sidekiq, Redis/Sentinel, node.js, Go, Kubernetes, Docker, Elixir
· Proven track record in leading and inspiring a diverse technology development team to produce their best development work in terms of quality and meeting deadlines.
· Experience as an Engineering Manager, Head of Development, Principle Engineer, Lead Developer will all be acceptable - we just need you to understand the code and be a great manager. Leading in equal parts on people and process.
· You will have been managing software development cycles from A to Z and back again in an Agile environment
· Focus in previous roles or engineering projects where the product is "user-orientated"
· 5 years software development hands-on and 2 years + managing remote teams
· A record of defining and setting the standards of best practice for tech delivery.
These type of opportunities do not come along very often. An excellent package, great company, exciting software development work and the chance to set yourself up to work remotely. If you would like to hear more then apply now and one of our consultants will be in touch.