The main aims of the role are to support the Head of FP&A in:
- The development of financial planning and control at various levels across the business
- Supporting the business with management information, analysis and insight, which can be used to support decision-making and to identify risk and opportunities
- Support the leadership team in designing and delivering business initiatives and projects through financial support and control
- Preparing and developing weekly reporting packs for the Board, Senior Management, and Investors.
- Facilitating the weekly trading meeting, adding insight and challenge to the commercial agenda.
- Supporting the Head of FP&A in the corporate financial planning process, with financial modelling and variance analysis of profit and loss account, balance sheet and cashflows.
- Support the Head of FP&A in creating monthly reporting packs and presentations for the Board, Senior Management, and Investors.
- Manage and lead the commercial, retail and central budgeting processes, liaising with the Board, Senior Management and Finance Team, and supporting with accurate insight and analysis.
- Preparing and presenting business cases and reporting for business initiatives, projects and asset investments
- Ad-hoc analysis of both BAU operations and specific projects which drives and supports improvements in company capability and profitability
- Good understanding of financial statements, double-entry accounting and financial models
- Advanced Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Good mathematical ability, able to understand formulas and construct calculations.
- Attention to detail and a general concern for rigour in work.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with various functions and levels, both internally and externally.
- Organisational skills, ability to plan and prioritise own time and juggle demands
Education / Experience:
- Part qualified or finalist level ACCA/CIMA
- A degree or professional qualification, especially in a numerate subject (Maths, Stats, Physics, Engineering or Finance) is beneficial.
- Experience or appreciation of a retail environment is highly beneficial
- Experience in a commercial or analytically role is desirable.
- Independent thinking and robust thought process
- Creativity and innovation in their thinking
- That they put the customer first
- That they work to deliver the highest possible service
- That they are committed to the development of others
- That they have the ability to challenge what has previously been in place
- A search for new ways of doing things
- £40-45k basic salary
- Full study support for CIMA/ACCA if required
- Discretionary bonus
- 75% discount across the brand
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 9-5 working hours
- Season ticket loan/cycle to work scheme
- Pension scheme
- Private health care