Are you passionate about Devops? Do you enjoy working on a variety of greenfield projects and having the autonomy to find solutions to problems using the latest tech to do this?
If this sounds like you then this is the role for you!
As a Devops Engineer you will take ownership of the AWS Infrastructure of a multi-award-winning language app that is shaking up the industry - cliché but true. They are teaching 12 languages to 80 million people across 190 countries and with 30,000 new customers joining every day. With 20,000 events per minute both user-action and learning events, they have detailed user behaviour insight and constantly innovate to hone algorithms and enhance user learning.
They are moving towards containerisation using Docker and Kubernetes hosing in AWS over multiple regions to allow them to do this. Well-known companies such as Uber, Deliveroo and Zara use this app to assist their employees in learning a new language.
As a DevOps Engineer you will take ownership of the AWS infrastructure and it will be your priority to maintain and improve their current deployment pipeline and be the 'go to person' collaborating with the wider team including API team and the backend team.
You will use Puppet or Capistrano to build and configure their environment as they are moving towards automation and infrastructure as code. You will also take a wider appreciation of their infrastructure and technical challenges: security, permission, cloud configuration, automation and become the central source of knowledge around the business DevOps infrastructure.
You will also be hands on with other network issues too - debugging routing problems, setting up VPNs, TCP/IP troubleshooting.
- Previous experience of having taken significant responsibility for infrastructure within the business
- Strong working knowledge of Linux with an emphasis on exceptional up time
- Underlying knowledge of networking and security throughout a small to medium size business
- Strong debugging networks, monitoring web serving and good understanding of TCP/IP
- Have a fundamental understanding of Python/Ruby and will have used either for the purpose of accessing Data via an API
- Strong understanding of configuration management tools e.g. Puppet/Chef
- Good understanding of Jenkins/Bamboo/Capistrano for CI/CD
- £70K-£80K base salary + up to 10% company performance-based bonus
- Annual trip abroad
- £500 personal training budget
- Gym membership
- Private healthcare
- 24 days holiday
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Devops Engineer who is looking for autonomy, work with the latest tech in a truly collaborative environment where you can put your stamp. If this role is of interest, please send me your most up to date CV.