Software Test Engineer
At Philips, we are undergoing an exciting transformation globally from a consumer and healthcare business into a leader in the Health & Technology space. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Software Test Engineer to join our business, based in Belfast.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
At Philips we simplify healthcare by focusing on people, patients and care providers. Our Cardiovascular Information System (CVIS) is the market leader in the UK and Ireland and is also deployed into markets in North America, EMEA and APAC. We now have a vacancy for a Software Test Engineer to work on our software application and maintenance releases.
You are responsible for
- Prepares and execute system level tests (system integration, verification and validation tests) for both functional as well as non-functional aspects (including analysis and submission of found problems).
- Provides (pro-actively) feedback to development, based upon the experiences gained.
- Work together with Product Manager, Product Owner, Clinical Specialists, Implementation managers and Engineering team to take testing insights and bring them into the Agile process.
- Responsible for designing, writing, executing, documenting and maintaining relevant test cases, test specifications based on requirements.
- Give test input when required, adding value to conversations and decisions to be made.
- Input to Agile processes from a test perspective.
- Provide support to Customer Operations, Implementation Managers and other stakeholders when required.
- Analyses and interprets test results in order to raise defects/bugs.
- Assists development where possible in analysis of reported defects/bugs and CR's.
- Based upon knowledge/test experience, extends set of test cases and sets up new test specifications.
- Assists Customer Support in testing complex customer problems.
You are a part of
Philips Healthcare is looking to recruit a Software Test Engineer to strengthen its Cardiovascular Information System (CVIS) development team. As a member of the team you will be responsible for working with Software Engineers and Product Owners to Test software that is ultimately responsible for saving lives and improving patient outcomes.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Knowledge on Test Processes & Techniques.
- Disciplined team worker.
- Affinity with Testing and Improvement.
- Quality oriented.
- Able to handle ad-hoc changes in priority/planning.
- Able to test different systems in parallel.
- Able to work in different teams simultaneously.
- Able to think from customer expectation perspective.
- Detailed understanding of Software Test Tools used.
- Previous professional experience in development or testing.
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation or equivalent level knowledge of Test Engineering profession.
In return, we offer you
This is a great opportunity for a candidate with a genuine interest in software testing to help enhance our Cardiovascular Information System (CVIS) product. You will enjoy an exciting complex international environment that provides plenty of scope for career opportunities and personal development.
We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips Page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Please apply on-line - Good Luck!
Philips are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. By 'minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence in your application which demonstrates that you meet the level of competence required for each competence, as well as meeting the qualifications, skills or experience defined as required. Philips is committed to the employment and career development of disabled people.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to enable your participation in the interview process, please advise us of this in your application.
We are fortunate enough to receive lots of fantastic applications for our brand, however when we use agencies we have a PSL in place so please do not contact hiring managers or the recruitment team directly. Unfortunately, we are not able to respond to you and cannot accept speculative CV’s as way of introduction.