Finance Systems Analyst - SUN
Seeking a Finance Systems Analyst to join a very exciting company for a One Year fixed term contract. The organisation is a modern, innovativeorganisation who back new ideas to tackle the big challenges of our time. Working with governments, businesses and other think tank organisations to impact industries including Healthcare, Arts, Technology, Community.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain a lot of exposure and experience in a progressive business.
- Supporting, managing and developing the Finance Systems, ensuring that they meet the needs of users.
- Acting as Finance Systems Lead on cross functional projects to improve the quality of the financial data, the integration between systems and the efficiency of associated processes.
- Contributing to departmental strategy and policy and supporting the Financial Controller to develop and maintain a customer service culture within the wider Finance function
- Maintain the integrity of the finance system, including advising on feasibility of proposed changes.
- Managing the relationship between Finance, its associated systems and their interfaces, and their support providers - both internal and external to the organisation.
- Ensuring accounting software and reporting tools are maintained and updated and taking responsibility for scheduling development and maintenance work for all the Finance systems.
- Being the first point of contact for user queries and trouble-shooting to provide additional capacity with managing the monthly reporting process.
- Ensure users are well trained and supported in their use of financial systems, through formal training and/or individual coaching. Run regular and bespoke sessions as required.
- Strong systems skillset - Excel, experience with SUN v6 and Vision Q&A is essential.
- Experience in a charitable organisation is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both written, oral and in presentation of financial information to non-financial colleagues.
- Have a proactive and communicative nature; demonstrate a strong sense of commitment and responsibility.
- Ability to manage a number of deadlines, multi-task and re-prioritise workload quickly.
- Ability to influence outcomes with rationale and analysis.
- Adaptable - flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to change. Have a "can do" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and growing organisation.
- Have a strong 'customer service' focus and be an excellent team player.
Salary up to £37.5k depending on experience