Principal Drainage Engineer SUDS/FRAs
Job Title: Principal Drainage Engineer
Salary: £45K - £50K
About the Role
Due to an expanding workload, my client is currently looking to recruit a Principal Drainage Engineer with experience in designing drainage solutions, flood risk assessments and with excellent leadership skills.
Responsibilities & Duties:
1. Contribute towards the development of high levels of drainage performance, reliability and quality.
2. Undertake Flood Risk Assessments and demonstrate a thorough understanding of current assessment techniques.
3. Produce technical reports efficiently and accurately.
4. Demonstrate proficiency with the assessment, design and specification of highway, surface and foul water drainage systems for residential and commercial development proposals.
5. Demonstrate proficiency with the design and specification of sustainable drainage systems to current design standards.
6. Demonstrate a proficiency with the design and specification of both adoptable and private sewerage pumping stations.
7. Undertake both 1D and 2D Hydraulic modelling utilising a variety of different software.
8. Contribute towards the preparation and submission of Section 104 and 106 agreements.
9. Disseminate knowledge to junior members of staff
1. Working towards chartered status of either ICE or CIWEM.
2. Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of current technical standards and guidance.
3. Experience of the preparation and submission of Section 98 and Section 185 applications.
4. Experience of the preparation of evidence for planning appeals and public enquiries.
Must be able to demonstrate a broad use/experience of the following software packages:
1. Micro Drainage
2. AutoCAD (including Map and Civils 3D)
4. HEC-RAS (v.5.03)
5. Flood Modeller Pro
6. Microsoft Office
What do you do now?
If you would like to discuss this vacancy in confidence, then please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.