MI Analyst / Developer
MI Analyst // Developer // Power BI // Insurance // Agile
Our client, a leading Lloyds of London insurance organisation has a requirement for a BI/MI Analyst Developer. This person will be responsible for developing some of the core components of an effective reporting architecture capable of meeting a wide range of financial and underwriting reporting needs.
The BI/MI Analyst Developer will;
- Work in an agile, proactive manner delivering high quality solutions in agreed timescales.
- Create reporting solutions in line with standards, architectural principles and practices.
- Develop ETL processes, data warehouse databases, cubes, reports, dashboards, in-line with company reporting strategy and system architecture.
- Design models and databases both relational and dimensional to support reporting requirements.
- Assess business requirements and build reporting solutions to meet business needs
- Build the key components of the reporting architecture
- Follow best practices, standards and design principles
- Assist in developing standards for SQL, reporting databases and cube design
- Build a robust sequence of controls from source systems to DWH and other reporting platforms
- Work with the infrastructure and support team to ensure that all production software and databases are deployed in an optimal configuration making the most efficient use of hardware capacity
- Ensure that adequate steps are taken to protect data
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art platforms, tools and techniques
- Ensure that all new reporting requirements are met using the most appropriate architecture
- Design of appropriate reporting solutions to meet business needs
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Data modelling, problem solving, information analysis, attention to detail, flexibility of approach
- The ability to deal directly with business functions and interpret their thoughts into successful reporting solutions
- The ability to design and develop complex reporting solutions using the required tools set
- Capable of working closely with the business and delivering complex requirements to required timescales.
- Strong interest in latest BI technologies and trends in the BI/MI industry
- Good communicator and team worker
- Motivated problem solver that can drive root cause analysis
- Ability and desire to understand Insurance market operations
- Some Agile development techniques (SCRUM, Kanban etc)
- Strong SQL skills and experience of relational database development
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later
- Analysis Services (Multidimensional/Tabular), SQL Server Reporting Services, Power BI, PowerPivot, SQL Server Integration Services and associated languages: MDX, DAX
- Microsoft Team Foundation Services
- Degree Level or above (Science, Maths, Computing, Engineering or related subject preferred)