Financial / Commercial Analyst
FINANCIAL / COMMERCIAL ANALYST - The Borders (£35,000 - £40,000)
Change Recruitment Group have partnered with a leading manufacturing business in the Borders, who now have an opening for an experienced Commercial / Financial Analyst to join their central finance function. Within the role you will provide financial leadership to core units across the manufacturing site, where you will be expected to not only drive financial performance, but also improve financial performance.
This is very much a customer facing, business partnering role and will offer great commercial exposure and will really appeal to those who have previously performed a similar role and are now keen to further enhance and build on their commercial expertise, whilst working with a wide range of senior stakeholders across the site.
Within the role, you will hold responsibility for the following key deliverables:
· Responsible for a variety of financial activities, including product costing and pricing, sales and margin forecasting, analysis of customer margins, costs, key balance sheet metrics and financial risk avoidance
· Ensure pricing models are properly implemented and executed, and lead the customer re-pricing process for assigned customer(s)
· Lead monthly customer sales and margin forecast process
· Proactively manage customer financial results, including margin management and cost recovery
· Lead risk mitigation and cost recovery initiatives for the customer, and help ensure pricing models are managed appropriately
· Complete margin analysis and pro-forma customer financials based on unit cost and price
· Work with the Customer Team to help ensure quoted margins and costs are maintained and that the team understands what is driving them
· Ensure proper accounting of customer financial results including Sarbanes-Oxley implications
· Partner with regional / corporate cost accounting to help ensure key balance sheet and P&L accounts are properly stated
In order to be deemed a suitable applicant, you will:
· Ideally be fully qualified or actively studying towards / nearing full qualification
· Ideally come from a similar manufacturing background
· Have extensive experience of project forecasting
· Be accustomed to producing high level analysis of sales and margins
· Previously performed some degree of business partnering duties
If you are classed as being Qualified by Experience, your application will only be considered if you come from a strong manufacturing background and can demonstrate a high level of expertise in the key deliverables as highlighted above.
This is a role and business that can offer continued and tangible career development, within a highly successful and growing business, who’ve gone from strength to strength over the last few years. For those living outwith the Borders area but interested in this particular role, a suitable relocation package will be offered.