Senior Service Architect
Senior Service Architect
Our Client has a number of ongoing change programmes and operates a matrix structure. The change programmes follow a release methodology to deliver change in the live environment. The Solution Architects will be assigned to a change programme and may take on the role of Lead Architect or Design Authority, Lead Architect for a Service Provider, or an Architect working on a modification proposal. The role requires the individual to have generic core competencies that can be applied to the above roles.
They are now seeking a Service Architect to join their team to complete End-to End design and enable transition of IT services to meet business requirements, recognising that for many organisations, IT is an enabler of business.
- Responsible for the translation of customer requirements, business requirements and contractual obligations into a E-2-E Service Design that describes the scope of services, delivery model(s), people, processes, Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and supporting Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) to provide the basis for transition into Business-As-Usual (BAU)
- Takes a lead role in the design of IT services demonstrating a high level of understanding with respect to customer drivers, customer requirements, contractual agreements, service architecture and service management.
- Supports the project manager in delivering impact analysis of system and regulatory changes, understanding service risks, dependencies and issues. Defining impact that these may have on the project, whilst mitigating those within their scope.
- Have a close working relationship with the Operations to ensure that all implemented and/or changed E-2-E Services are capable of delivering to Target Service Levels and KPIs.
- Champions service management and associated processes, operating within the ITIL frameworks and compliant with ISO2000
- Responsible for being a subject matter expert in their area and be able to advise on the best practice and build this into all Services.
Essential experience and skills
- Extensive experience in designing E-2-E services, developing and implementing sustainable and scale-able service management processes and procedures from scratch.
- Experience in selecting and applying service management principles, policies and techniques in the definition of Service Designs in operational environments.
- Customer focussed with ability to identify and understand and deliver to the (internal and/or external) customer's needs.
- Displays a high degree of knowledge relating to service management and TSM toolsets & good experience as a service architect/consultant with excellent design experience
- ITIL Manager or ITIL V3 Expert
- Adaptable to change at short notice.
- Creative problem solving and analysis skills with an ability to identify service gaps and develop and implement solutions meeting the needs of the business.
- A self-starting individual with a strong work ethic capable of planning and managing own time effectively. Ability to perform under pressure and to work using own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Assertive in potentially difficult situations, engaging diplomacy where necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written (including presentation) communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Able to build relationships and network at all levels.
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to think laterally to consider options which will optimise the service to meet the needs of the business.
- Takes personal responsibility for making things happen and achieving results.
- Displays motivation, commitment, perseverance and conscientiousness
- Able to perform peer reviews, audits, standards compliance checks and due diligence as required
Skills and Experiences Desirable
- Experience in operating as a Service Delivery Manager or Operations Manager
- Experience in customer facing roles
- ISO/IEC 20000 consultant qualifications
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and work to reduce this ambiguity wherever possible within all work output
- Experience of working in large green field programmes.