Salary £30,000 - £35,000
One of the biggest companies based in Brentwood are seeking a technical astute Assistant Accountant to work closely with a small (new team) to provide core accounting reports to senior managers. The finance team are a highly thought of department within the business and provide invaluable information to the wider business.
The role will support the Finance Manager with ensure the smooth production of the month end accounts
Why would this role appeal to you?
- An opportunity to work and learn from a highly experienced Finance Manager who will guide you through the remainder of your studies.
- The business is experiencing fantastic growth and the Finance Manager would want to take more duties away from them over time.
A snapshot on the duties…
- Month end accounting (including journal postings and reviews)
- Assisting with period vs period analysis, actuals v budget/forecast including proactive identification and explanation of variances;
- Producing periodic balance sheet reconciliations highlighting any issues/understanding reconciling items and proactively summarising adjustments as and when appropriate
- Overheads P&L, budget & variance analysis to identify erroneous entries.
- Overhead cost analysis
- Proactively understand accounting standards relating to this area and ensure keep on top of accounting developments having an impact on this area
Competitive salary, study support + holidays
If you are genuinely looking for a role where you can add real value but looking for the technical skills to support your studies this is could be the right role for you.