iRecruit Specialist are recruiting for an EPOS Engineer who will ideally be based in Reading and join the 'southern’ engineering team. You will be covering around the Reading area and will be going as far as Oxford and Birmingham etc.
My client can offer you a salary of up to £22,000 depending on experience and a company van. You will also get a generous out of hours allowance for being on standby on weekends.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The role is varied, and no two days will be the same, your responsibilities will include: -
- SLA driven EPOS & IT Support into both Hospitality, Retail & Healthcare outlets.
- Diagnosis and rectification of EPoS, Networking and IT issues.
- IMAC - Install, Move, Add and Change of EPoS, IT & Networking devices.
- Project work including AV, Digital Signage and Customer Roll-outs.
- Providing on-site support services on EPoS, I.T. and Network/Comm’s infrastructure, hardware and software.
- Working with your line management to ensure that your local spares holdings are always sufficient to ensure that you can achieve first time fix resolutions in the vast majority of site visits.
- Working with other members of your team to ensure that regional SLA targets are consistently achieved, and that customer’s satisfaction levels are consistently high.
- Representing the company to the highest possible standards at all times by taking pride in your work and pride in delivering truly outstanding levels of customer service.
- Manage your work load to achieve the SLA's in the most efficient way.
Qualifications and Skills:
You will need to be able to demonstrate experience and understanding in the installation, troubleshooting and support of the following:
- Sound understanding of EPoS systems and connectivity.
- Networking diagnosis and rectification.
- Sound fault finding skills.
- Customer facing skills.
- Timely and accurate paperwork completion.
- Flexibility on working days and hours available (some out of hours will be required).
- Cabling Infrastructure (Cat5, Cat6, Wireless etc.).
You will also need:
- Have a full 5-year checkable history (to enable airside passes to be arranged at airports).
- Ability to use standard Microsoft Windows and Office products.
- Ability to communicate well with colleagues and customers.
- Ability to methodically work through on-site problems from point of arrival to satisfactory conclusion.
- Willingness to be based from home and to travel as required by the company, including the need for overnight stays away from home as required.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to plan, time manage, and multi-task.
- Flexibility, reliability, tolerance and energy.
- Ability to motivate and get along with others.
- Ability to empathise with customer needs whilst at the same time being ever mindful
- of the commercial requirements of the company.
- A true passion for technology and providing exceptional customer service