SEN Teaching Assistant
Are you eager to embark on a new position for the Summer Term, or in September, within Education? Do you have experience supporting those with additional needs on a 1:1 basis?
Teaching Personnel are working in partnership with a large alternative provision in Fulford, York and have a number of 1:1 and General support positions. The School caters for both Primary and Secondary pupils, so you can pick where you want to work!
This post is to start as soon as possible and is full time, working to re-integrate pupils back into mainstream education. To be able to provide continuous and pivotal support to the pupils, we are looking for someone with the following key skills and experience:
- Be a reliable and consistent team member
- Dedicated to helping children succeed and overcoming their barriers to learning
- Have the ability to build trusting relationships
- Hold a Teaching Assistant Qualification or be educated to Degree Level
- Be able to provide a 6 year career history, with at least 11 months having been spent in a School or supporting those with additional needs (ie. care home, residential home or mental health support worker)
- Have a Child Only DBS registered to the Update Service, or be willing to apply for one through Teaching Personnel
Your new role will consist of the following activities:
- Assessing the needs of the pupils daily
- Keeping a record of progress and developments and reporting back to the class teacher
- Assisting with reading and writing
- Basic learning during lessons
- Provide a reliable point of contact for the pupils when in need
- Ensure activities and learning plans are adhered to and pupils are kept on task
- Communicate with the teacher and other staff in the school to ensure pupils are on target
- Encourage and motivate students to learn and be involved
- Report any safeguarding concerns or issues
If you think this role is right for you and wish to be considered, please apply now with an up to date CV and we will be in touch shortly.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.