Cloud Services Infrastructure Specialist
We are seeking a Infrastructure Services Specialist to help our client provide effective efficient hosting solutions to their clients with both cloud (AWS, Google, Azure) and on-premise technology stacks including the operation of business-critical services. We are seeking a client facing Infrastructure Engineer who will assist in the design, creation and administering of primarily virtual environments that run business critical services.
The successful candidate will be accountable for making sure the infrastructure estate is suitably monitored, patched and protected using various tools and techniques, consistently delivering against the expected service availability metrics. You will be experience in conscientiously managing and tuning an estate to make sure it’s both fit-for-purpose and efficient in terms of cost and resource. Applicants will be experienced Infrastructure Engineers with experience dealing with Clients directly where you have had a lean or specialism in Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Server (inc Azure) technology stacks and ideally you will be certified or willing to complete this.
As the Client Services Infrastructure Specialist you will have experience within Windows and ideally Linux environments and a knowledge of automations tools and scripting, such as Ansible, PowerShell or / and Bash. Candidates will ideally have working within a global organisation previously where you have worked across multiple sites administering virtualisation technologies including VMware vSphere.
- Expert in Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Server (inc Azure) technology stacks with 5-7 years of proven technical experience and ideally certified.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of automation tools and scripting languages (Inc Ansible, YAML, PowerShell and Bash).
- Strong knowledge of server and SAN architectures including backup and archiving.
- Knowledge of Domain Services inc authentication.
- Experience in administering virtualisation technologies including VMware vSphere.
- Ideally held a similar role previously in a 2000+ seat organisation.
- Knowledge of ISO27001/2.
- Ability to grasp technical issues and assess the business impact.
- Ability to provide expert advice to senior business and stakeholders on project and technical issues.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt while working across a wide range of technologies.
- Good attention to detail, well organised and capable of working under pressure.
- Ability to communicate at all levels including detailed metric work.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.