Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
* Good knowledge and experience in field supervision of civils and cabling activities on telecom infrastructure maintenance contracts.
* Good knowledge of HSEQ & NRASWA.
* Good communication, people management and leadership skills.
* Reporting to the Supplier Manager, the purpose of this role is to ensure that work is completed safely, on time and to budget and to the required quality.
* The job holder is responsible for ensuring that labour is effectively managed and utilised and to manage the co-ordination of sub-contractor gangs such that the required cash and profit targets are achieved. This will include customer liaison, safety, environment, quality procedures, cost monitoring, sub-contractor control, material procurement and all people issues.
* Determine the resource requirements for the completion of all works.
* Assign roles, tasks and responsibilities necessary for completion of the work.
* Monitor productivity and manage / supervise staff, operatives, subcontractors and associated plant.
* Monitor activities to ensure finished work is in accordance with plans, specifications and Customer Requirements.
* Monitor and ensure that records are kept of additional work and/or delays and ensure the necessary DFEs are agreed and recorded.
* Identify, manage and monitor risks (safety, quality, environment, programme and commercial).
* Establish and maintain relationships and ensure effective liaison with suppliers and sub-contractors.
* Oversee the procurement of materials by subcontractors.
* Understanding and application of JV culture and values.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
* Gives clear instructions, communicates well and is approachable.
* Confident & self-assured.
* Appropriate technical knowledge of the work being supervised.
* Trustworthy & reliable.
* Sets high standards for Safety & Quality and achieves / maintains good levels of performance.
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
* 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
* Company pension scheme
* A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
* An employee-funded car leasing scheme
* Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.