PR Account Manager
Exciting PR agency who are now are one of PR Week's Top 10 Tech PR agencies in the UK, are on the lookout for an experienced AM to strengthen their team.
Job description overview
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a genuine desire to join a fast growing, dynamic, well respected and highly motivated team.
The account manager will play a hands-on role across all of his/her client accounts and nurture direct relationships with client contacts. Excellent training opportunities are provided by our client and they actively encourage their team to attend events and conferences to build their market knowledge and expertise.
In addition to client work, our client encourage employees to get involved in developing the agency through internal training initiatives, involvement in marketing activity, blogging and playing an integral role on new business pitching.
- Main day-to-day contact for all clients. Responsible for ensuring that the PR tactics agreed in the PR plan are delivered and on schedule.
- Effective team management, working closely with account executives to ensure delivery of high quality work
- In-depth journalist knowledge and contacts and the ability to understand what makes a good story and what tactics can be best used to get outstanding coverage for clients
- Writing a variety of copy, from press releases and case studies, to blog posts and market reports
- Active involvement in social networks on behalf of clients and the agency
- Account development - spotting growth opportunities
- Knowledge building to ensure continuous ideas generation and creative approach to client PR campaigns
- Active involvement in new business presentations
Experience and credentials
- Minimum three years’ experience in B2B technology PR, preferably with an agency background
- Minimum of six months experience in Account Manager role
- Experience of working across multiple clients and juggling workloads
- Excellent client handling skills
- Strong contacts within the tech and business media, with proven abilities to generate coverage
- Team working and communication abilities essential, with strong interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and able to work under own initiative
- Active in social networking sphere
- A willingness to get involved in wider company initiatives such as the blog, networking and marketing
- Keen to develop new ideas and practices
- Understanding/interest of digital marketing and SEO
Salary and benefits
Salary £28-35k depending on experience
Company mobile phone issued to all account handlers after six months
23 days holiday plus 4 extra days at Christmas, increasing to 25 days after two years
Childcare voucher scheme after completion of probationary period
Generous maternity and paternity benefits after 2 years of continuous employment
Annual bonus based on company performance
Cycle to Work scheme after completion of probationary period
Appraisals every six months with full 360 degrees once a year
Company contribution to a personal pension scheme
Individual training plan set up on induction and encouragement to attend both internal and external training courses
Company socials held regularly and parties in the summer and at Christmas