Based in Burton-on-Trent, DE14 2WB
Joining our newly created team, you’ll provide day to day financial management and analytics to support the respective finance business partners and business stakeholders for hotel operations.
Day to day you can expect to perform decision support activities such as hotels P&L budgeting and forecasting, target setting and reporting for hotel winning metrics, performance testing and hotel capital reporting.
You will be creating ad hoc reports and commercial analysis to aid decision making using your critical thinking skill and attention to detail. Utilising your communication skills, we are looking for you to build strong relationships and collaborate to deliver high quality outputs.
It’s an exciting time to join IHG as we continue our journey of growth, we are looking for pioneers who can help shape the future of finance analytics at IHG and develop our newly created Centre of Excellence into a world leading, respected function in IHG Globally.
• Understand and produce standard and ad hoc reports, including variance analysis and relevant, insightful and accurate commentary.
• Conduct scenario analysis and modelling using data visualisation tools to support business decisions
• Identify process improvement opportunities and support the delivery of improvements in processes, systems and procedures
• Act as an escalation point for audit queries
Our Ideal Candidate
Preferably, experience as a finance analyst with a general interest in the hospitality industry with a finance or business-related education.
You will be a confident user of Excel & PowerPoint and a critical thinker with the ability to connect and explain linkage between drivers and outputs.
IHG is one of the biggest hotel companies in the world with a family of famous brands including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express® and Crowne Plaza®. All of our brands work together towards a goal to create Great Hotels Guests Love® by providing True Hospitality for everyone.
Why join IHG’s Finance Centre of Excellence?
• People are at the heart of everything we do.
• We’re dedicated to helping our people grow and achieve their full potential.
• We understand the importance of recognising, rewarding and developing our people.
• We are a diverse and inclusive employer; who celebrate difference.
• We’re multiple award winners for employment: Top Employer 2018 winner for the fourth year running and AON Hewitt’s best employer accreditation.
As an Analyst at IHG, you enjoy a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support and hotel room discounts. We also have a free gym on site, a subsidised restaurant, and games room.
IHG is an equal opportunities employer.
You must meet the legal requirements to apply for this job