Electrical Harness Engineer
Electrical / Electronics Engineer (Contractor)
Salary Range : £33.20 - £35.10 / Hr (Ltd Co)
SHREWSBURY (to include working overseas)
There is an opportunity to join the Product Engineering team of Defence Products based at Shrewsbury (UK). The task is to deliver immediate commitments and incremental funded work on New Product in the Defence Sector. This is an excellent opportunity to join a technically motivated enthusiastic team.
The key role of an Electrical / Electronics Engineer is that of a contributor to the interpretation of need and delivery of a project. Working primarily in an office environment but with a need to work at customer loions as required this person will be responsible for the performance of electrical, electronic and control system aspects of Power Pack solutions developed on site, primarily for the Defence sector.
This position will also be responsible for supporting Operations on site for build and test including Quality issue resolution. This support could include `hand on` approach e.g harness build, fault finding and system calibration.
The applicant would be responsible for:
Design and development of electrical harnesses for power packs within military appliions.
- Gaining an in-depth understanding of electrical and electronic systems on both product and supplied test systems in order to ensure efficient cost effective resolution of problems.
- Liaison with the Customer on electrical/control system issues and also be the key link to Enterprise support groups i.e Electronics.
- Where appropriate be the subject matter expert for problem resolution associated with product or test systems.
- Communiing technical information to Customers, Snr Management, Suppliers, team members and other Business units.
- Contribution to New Business 'Bids' in area of expertise.
- Identify system critical characteristics and appropriate validation programme together with supporting system and project reviews as appropriate.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Engineering degree with established experience of advanced diesel engine electrical systems, preferably in a medium or heavy duty appliion.
- Ability to create harness designs using design software (Visio / ProE / Harnware)
- Knowledge and use of electronic diesel engine system development, calibration / diagnostics tools such as ET, Vector CANape,CANalyser.
- Sound knowledge of Diesel engine Drivelines and overall Power Solution needs.
- Prior experience of troubleshooting and problem resolution with advanced engine control systems.
- Self motivated, energetic, hands on, can-do approach to Engineering.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver work to clearly defined plans within tight timescales.
- Good level of Def Stan awareness preferred.
If you are interested in this role apply now!