Senior Software Engineer
Cathedral Appointments are recruiting a Senior Software Engineer vacancy for our fantastic client based in Exeter. This company have grown rapidly in recent years and are fast becoming a highly-desirable South-West employer. Reporting directly to the Head of Software Engineering, you will be responsible for the technical aspects of all project work by working closely with other departments to ensure scoping and delivery of projects runs smoothly using clearly defined standards. As Senior Software Engineer, you will also be required to support the rest of the team of developers and provide guidance when required.
- Oversee the code development for web-based applications
- Be responsible for application code quality control and testing
- Take responsibility for the selection of tools and frameworks for projects
- Provide consultative services to other departments and assist with the scoping and design of projects
- Oversee all platform web application architecture including: database design, choice of technology and implementation
- Develop and encourage team members by reviewing code, managing and delegating tasks and collaboratively problem solving
- Take ownership of the implementation and continuous improvement of the company interface templates and project shared resources
- Keep up to date with the latest software development technologies and methodologies
- Strong previous experience in application development
- Preferred technical skills in any of the following: Java, C, Python, PHP
- Familiar with each layer of the LAMP stack from application architecture and system infrastructure points of view; knowledgeable and experienced in micro service architecture and cloud-based environments
- Familiarity with AWS as a production environment
- Understanding of front-end MVC frameworks
- GIT repository management
- Familiar with aspects of CI and container-based development
- Comfortable integrating websites with other web applications and systems, both commercial and open source including 3rd party APIs.
- Proficient in HTML/CSS, and client-side scripting libraries
- Excellent knowledge of application security and a good understanding of security best practice including the OWASP top 10. You should be able to explain current vulnerabilities and how to defend against them
The successful candidate will possess a track record of outstanding results and be able to demonstrate a portfolio of successful delivered projects. You will be a natural leader and be expected to provide support and direction to other team members with regards to technical decisions and code production.
This company offers:
- Highly competitive salary
- Flexible benefits and employee discounts
- Relaxed, open-plan, creative working environment
- On-site parking
- Regular social events and departmental activities
- Annual internal awards
Keywords: software engineering, senior software developer, GIT, BASH, LAMP, PHP, SQL, HTML, CSS, OWASP, DNS, AWS, web design, technical projects, IT projects, technical lead, Go-lang, API design, Microservices, Docker, AMQP, RabbitMQ, AWS VPC, S3, SQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, DNS, IP/TCP networking, Git, AWS CodeDeploy, HTTPS, SSL/X.509 certs, Laravel, Design patterns, MVC, TDD, BDD, Email, SMTP, SPF, DKIM, Python, C++
We are currently receiving an overwhelming level of responses to our advertising and therefore if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.