SEN Teaching Assistant
Teaching assistant to provide one to one support with pupil in reception class in North Liverpool
A primary school located in North Liverpool are looking to appoint an experienced SEND Teaching Assistant to work 1:1 with a reception pupil with ASD and severe behavioural difficulties. The successful teaching assistant will be dynamic with the confidence to lead initiatives to manage behaviour. In return you will benefit from joining a strong team and a full time long term position.
The Head Teacher and SENCO have created this new role within the staffing structure for a specialist teaching assistant to come and support a pupil 1:1 with ASD and EBD. The appointed teaching assistant will work along side the class teacher on implementing and developing the behaviour and integration of the pupil.
SEND, in particular ASD, experience is essential for this role. It will suit someone who has worked 1:1 with ASD pupils and has worked along-side the class teacher and SENCo, developing and reporting on IEP's.
To be considered for this learning support assistant job in Liverpool you must:
- Have at least 6 months experience of working with challenging young people- this could be through a school/ volunteer work placement.
- Have the ability to build rapport with young people
- An understanding and empathy to social and emotional needs
- Have recent experience within the last 2 years - ideally over 6 months
Working as a teaching assistant in Liverpool through Hays, comes with many benefits, including:
- Competitive hourly or daily rates of pay
- £250 reward every time you recommend a colleague*
- Access to free Professional Development Training
- Option to join our Guarantee Scheme*
- Holiday Pay
- Option to pay into pension
- Weekly pay
If you are interested in this role or would like a confidential chat about work opportunities please call Joshua Lucas on .