Cordant People has immediate opportunities for experienced Test Engineers to to join our Stirling based client on an ongoing temporary assignment. This offers you the chance to start work and gain experience with a client who is a world leader in their field.
Working as a Test Engineer and reporting to the Production Manager you will be responsible for testing at all stages of gas sensor production, from component to fully assembled systems. The main duties of the role include:
- Component test of lasers and detectors
- Burn in and lifetime test of components and gas sensors, continuously monitoring performance
- Use of a FTIR to characterise lasers
- Full system test of prototype and production gas sensors
- Providing reports and giving feedback to the instrumentation team and customers
- Optical alignment of gas sensor sub-components including optical cells and laser modules and characterisation of laser modules for incorporation into gas sensors
- Other tasks that are within your skill set, as required
You must have a relevant degree in a Chemistry or Physics discipline, preferably with experience of spectroscopy. You will be technically competent and will ideally have some experience of gas handling and manual handling. You will enjoy working as part of a successful team and will have the ability to learn and adapt to new situations. Excellent communications skills are essential for this role as you will be providing both verbal and written reports.
If you are available immediately and have the skills and experience required for this role then please submit your CV now.
Although this is a temporary role, permanent opportunities could become available
Cordant People is an equal opportunities employer.
As specialist recruitment professionals our consultants deliver to some of the most complex business environments. We integrate our recruitment capability, sector expertise and national coverage, to enable us to provide talented people across a wide spectrum of industry sectors.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer