Production/ Logistics Controller
Our client is an established and successful automotive company based in Washington. They are currently looking for a Production/ Logistics Controller to join their team. If you are interested and meet the person specification of the job role, please apply as soon as possible.
- Receive customer schedules and translate into accurate sales data.
- Produce detailed production plans, monitor performance to plan and advice / implement corrective actions.
- Manage stock levels in line with company targets to ensure we achieve 100% delivery performance.
- Regular and effective communication with relevant customers.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement activities within the Production Control area.
- Be a key member of the New Projects team with responsibility for co-ordinating all Production Control and Logistics activities during new project introduction.
- EDI monitoring and integration of failed IDOC’s, Monitoring of customer portals in-line with business needs.
- Monitoring build against target on machines of responsibility's using captor and business warehouse
- Attendance of daily morning meetings to advise on stock position and highlight risk areas
- Ideal candidates should be educated to NVQ level
- Demonstrated success in a high quality, high volume, lean environment
- Have a good working knowledge of ERP systems (preferably SAP) and Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated success in making significant contribution to continuous improvement activities.
- Demonstrated success in implementing JIT, Kanban, Lean principles.
- Have an understanding / awareness of EDI, bar code technology and e- business systems.