Immediate Start Available! SF Group are currently working with a business who are on the outskirts of Derby and are easily commutable from Derby, Burton, Uttoxeter and surrounding areas, who are on the look out for an experienced Credit Controller. You will join an established accounts function and the role will report into the Finance Director working within a team of 5.
The successful Credit Controller will be responsible for:
- Post daily incoming payments from bank statements, card payments and cheques received in the post onto customer accounts
- Daily completion of banking, paying in slips etc. and taking banking when required
- Chase up overdue accounts, resolving pricing queries, copy invoices, credits, proof of delivery etc.
- Maintain Debtor ledger to ensure all accounts are paid on time
- Processing any credit card payments from Pro forma customers in a timely manner to release the order for picking
- Report monthly to credit insurers and debt collectors of any overdue accounts that need 3rd party attention
- Answer incoming calls, resolving customer queries
- Opening of credit accounts from applications forms received - obtaining the correct authorisation, debtor insurance cover etc.
- Daily invoicing routine to run
- Monthly analysis of customers, placing their account on hold as required - informing the customer and any relevant internal staff i.e. sales representative
- Sorting daily incoming post
The successful candidate must have solid previous credit control experience and must be IT literate. Applicants will need to have excellent communication skills and have the ability to resolve queries and build customer relationships. Candidates will need to have a positive working attitude.