Project Engineer - Automotive Industry - Competitive Salary - Day Shift
Your new company
We are currently recruiting for a fantastic client based in Stockton on Tees. The group is invested in designing, developing and manufacturing quality components for the global Automotive Industry. From the interior of a vehicle to the exterior, inclusive of the engine, our client has a wealth of knowledge and expertise in many product areas.
Your new role
The purpose of your role will be to deliver specific projects on time in line with the customers required standard.
Your main duties will include:
- Responsible for liaising with customers and contractors; ultimately making sure the project is delivered on time, within budget, to the required quality standard and supported by relevant documentation
- Co-ordinate the activities of all departments engaged in preparation for new projects.
- Plan, organise and coordinate programmes to exploit opportunities, manage risk and achieve project cost, schedule, and performance requirements
- Lead project status reviews and ensure actions are followed up.
- Lead the creation of PFMEA's and other PPAP documentation
- Participate in design reviews and initiate design changes to achieve required goals.
- Evaluate test results
- Involves: plan, cost / budget control, risk management, quality assurance, health and safety; continuous improvement
- Presentation of projects to relevant team / management
- To carry out any other relevant duties as required by the business
The hours for this position are Monday to Thursday 8:00 - 16:45 and Friday 08:00 - 15:30
What you'll need to succeed
You will have the below skills/experience:
- Engineering degree/qualification and/or extensive experience
- 2-3 years previous experience in a similar discipline
- Customer focussed, confident and professional
- Excellent presentation skills
- Flexible to travel domestically and overseas
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.