Chase and Holland are currently assisting a fast growing national engineering business based in Hull with their search for an Accounts Assistant/ Assistant Accountant for an initial 9-12 month fixed term contract. This is a chance to join a UK wide business that has a reputation for providing innovative solutions to their clients. The position reports into the Group Financial Accountant and the main responsibilities will include;
· Assist with monthly management accounts preparation and reviewing anomalies
· Nominal ledger reconciliations
· Preparing and analysing various MI reporting
· Bank reconciliations
· Reconciling cashbook posting including ensuring posted to the correct nominal and branch
· Reconciling rates, rents and utility invoicing ensuring it is allocated correctly for all branches
· Cost Analysis
· Fixed Asset maintenance
· Accruals, prepayments and processing journals
· Various Ad-hoc duties and reports
· Assisting with the statutory accounts
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in assisting in the preparation of management accounts and be AAT Level 3 or 4 qualified. You will be self-motivated and flexible, be able to hit the ground running and work as part of a busy finance team. A good relationship builder is a pre-requisite for this role and a large proportion of your time will be spent liaising with operational managers across the business and other departments. You will have strong analysis skills and be literate excel (including pivots & look-up's). You must be willing and able to commit to the 9-12 month contract as a minimum.
On offer is a generous salary of between £18,000 - £21,000 (depending on experience and qualifications) and competitive benefits package.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.