Legal Administration Co-ordinator
Job Title: Legal Administration Co-ordinator
Location: South West London
We are recruiting for a Legal Administrator Co-ordinator to join our client's legal team in South West London.
This role would be of interest to a Property Manager looking to specialise within legal administration or a paralegal with some relevant property experience looking for a challenging role within block management services.
We are looking for someone with a strong attention to detail who is also able to communicate effectively and clearly in writing and verbally.
You responsibilities would include:
- Dealing with and co-ordinating replies to presale and remortgage enquiries in accordance with internal processes, timescales and ensuring income generation for such activity.
- Processing Notices of Transfer and Charge and updating ownership records.
- Liaison with external solicitors instructed to prepare formal Deeds and License documents.
- Legal & Company Secretarial
- Reviewing and processing requests for variation and rectification of title documents and leases.
- Co-ordinating client's response to statutory and voluntary lease extension requests.
- Provide administration services to client exercising collective enfranchisement.
- Maintaining Company Secretarial records, execution protocols and for all documents requiring Director signature.
- Considering application for major alterations or extensions, and liaising with external solicitors on the production of Licenses and other documents required to record such consents.
- Ensure income generation for such activities.
- Updating processes and procedures with the team to ensure best practice.
- Arrange for execution of company documents i.e. Licenses, Deeds, Share Certificates.
- Draft procedures for client looking to establish block policies with landlord matters such as subletting, alterations etc.
- Providing guidance to Property Managers, Finance and Major Works team on ad hoc enquiries on various matters including lease interpretation, disputes, Land Registry searches and other landlord and tenant matters.
- To manage KPIs including fee income generation
- Participate in team, departmental and corporate project and planning processes as required.
- To observe the highest possible standards in relation to client and customer confidentiality and in compliance with Data Protection legislation.
- To undertake any other duties as are reasonably requested from time to time.
- Maintain accurate computerised and manual records regarding leasehold ownership records.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external clients such as solicitors, insurers, surveyors.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to work in a varied and demanding role with appropriate supervision.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and be organised and efficient
- Demonstrable experience and ability to use ICT packages i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Understanding and knowledge of Landlord and Tenants Acts.
- Understanding of the legal conveyancing process.
- Knowledge and understanding of the legal requirements applicable to the transfer and mortgage of Leasehold and Freehold property.
- Land Registry titles & Requisitions.
- Experience within the residential property sector, or within the property industry generally
- Experience in dealing with solicitors, conveyancers and surveyors
Attributes/behaviours the right candidate must possess to be successful in the role
- Self-motivated, with high energy and enthusiasm
- Pragmatic, creative approach to problem solving, with emphasis on fast and practical solutions.
- Experience of dealing with customers in a courteous and helpful way by keeping them advised of progress and offering them a solution to their problem
- Demonstrable experience of taking responsibility for own actions and development opportunities, maintaining high levels of integrity.
- Commitment to equality, diversity, and mutual respect; accepting differences and treating everyone fairly
- Focussed on resolving problems and taking ownership of finding solutions.
- Maintain a culture in which people take ownership for our customer's care experience
- Exceed expectations to improve the services delivered
- Develop strategies to enable the customer to be treated as an individual
- Keen to take on new challenges
If you have the right skills and experience for this role then please apply today. Our client is looking forward to conducting interviews and starting someone new in their team. By registering with Office Angels you will benefit from the support of a dedicated and experienced recruitment consultant, have access to various interviewing techniques, regular updates of the local employment market and consistent feedback on all applications. This service is offered right through to the day you start your new role and beyond! Please be aware that we are currently receiving a high volume of applications and will endeavour to contact all applicants, however if you have not been contacted within 72hrs please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion and your CV will be kept on record for future positions. Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.