Oxford Genetics, a leader in synthetic biology, is a specialised contract research organisation offering services to support the discovery, development and production of biologics, with a particular focus on viral vectors for gene therapy applications. A unifying theme across the portfolio is expertise in DNA design, expression system optimisation, cell line development and engineering of viral delivery systems. We are located within purpose-fitted laboratories at the Oxford Science Park, just South of Oxford.
We are in a phase of rapid expansion and are seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic scientists, engineers, support services and technicians to join the team and help facilitate the next stage of our development as a company. We aim to be both innovative and entrepreneurial in everything we do - join us and contribute to this exciting journey!
• Accurately process financial information to deliver monthly management accounts for Oxford Genetics Limited and its US subsidiary company.
• Provide a broad range of finance functions and support, including credit control, VAT returns, supplier payments and data analysis.
• This hands-on role will be based in our offices in Oxford and reports to the CFO.
• Ledger postings and transaction input, including journal entries and nominal account reconciliations
• Credit control and cash flow forecasting
• Supplier payments and supplier liaison
• Bank reconciliations
• Fixed asset ledger maintenance, including depreciation / amortization calculations
• Accruals and prepayments
• Deferred income calculations
• Currency translations and revaluations
• Drafting monthly management accounts
• HMRC reporting, including VAT returns and EC Sales Lists
• ONS statistical returns
• Staff expenses processing and payment
• Inter-company transaction processing and reconciliation
• Production of audit schedules and liaison with external auditors
• Ad hoc financial analysis
Qualifications / Experience / Skills / Abilities:
• 5 years’ experience in a similar role as Management Accountant, Assistant Accountant or Bookkeeper within a SME corporate environment
• Experienced user of Sage accounting software
• Strong Excel experience and skills and proficient user of MS Office software
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven ability to work to strict deadlines, multi-task and work well under pressure within a small team
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
• AAT and/or CIMA qualified or part-qualified
• Multi-currency accounting experience
• Knowledge of HSBCnet on-line banking system.
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: Open
Hours: Full time
Salary Guide: £27,000 - £35,000 per annum (Depending on qualifications and experience) plus benefits
25 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, Pension with matched employer contribution to 7%, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Child Care Voucher Scheme, Glasses Vouchers, Long Service Benefits and a friendly working environment in an exciting and expanding young company.
We have offices in the UK and USA. This role will be located at The Oxford Science Park, just 4 miles south east of Oxford, with parking and good public transport links from Oxford. Our UK office address is: Oxford Genetics Ltd, Medawar Centre - Building 1, Robert Robinson Avenue, The Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4GA.
How to Apply:
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom without sponsorship.
Please send a CV. Your CV should include evidence that demonstrates how you meet each of the selection criteria for the post using examples of your skills and experience. This may include experience gained in employment, education, or during career breaks. Your application will be judged on the basis of how you demonstrate that you meet the selection criteria stated in the job description.
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work in the UK, proof of identity, references and health assessment.
Diversity and Equality of Opportunity:
We provide all our staff with a welcoming and inclusive workplace that enables and empowers everyone to develop and deliver professional excellence. We recognise diversity is vital for innovation and creativity and value each individual’s contribution. Entry into employment with Oxford Genetics and further progression will be determined by personal merit and the application of criteria related to the duties of the role. The ability to perform the role will be the primary consideration on entry into employment and to successfully pass probation.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.