My client who specialise in the provision of online betting and gaming software to UK and global service providers are seeking a DevOps Engineer for their office in London.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be working on the latest technologies within the industry to implement cutting edge solutions for the expansion of the Gaming Product. Scalability, performance and high availability are paramount in serving our end users, and as such the role is heavily focused towards those areas.
Key elements of this position is full assistance and innovation towards the automation, Continuous Integration/Delivery and configuration of the development process via standard industry tooling such as Jenkins Pipelines and JFrog's Artifactory. The role requires a candidate who is also proficient in Java and/or Scala development as we migrate and upgrade our legacy J2EE platform to a micro-service based platform, deployed on Google's orchestration tool, Kubernetes. A hands on approach is mandatory for both the implementation of services and the infrastructure tooling required to sustain the growing needs of the product.
We will lean on your past experience within the DevOps role to drive and excel the direction of the platform. Our product requires our platform to be dynamic, strong and adaptive. As such, our DevOps candidate needs to align with these conditions.
What you will be working on
- Facilitate and support the agile development process
- Implementation of services in Java/Scala
- Efficiency evaluation of existing workflows from development through to production deployment
- Investigate, evaluate and recommend new tools and technologies
- Set-up, configure and maintain development, testing and staging environments
- Maintain tools for configuration management, build, continuous integration and deployment, reporting, monitoring etc.
- Develop the required scripts to support automation of processes
- Detect and resolve security, performance and availability issues
- Coordinate and synchronize R&D and Operations work streams
- Java and/or Scala programming languages
- OO principles and functional programming paradigm
- Distributed, multi-tier deployment and management
- Micro-service paradigm and deployment
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies
- CI / CD
- Apache Web Server / Nginx
- Experience in working with Cloud technologies
- Maven / SBT
- Agile / Scrum
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Betting Appointments, part of the St George's Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you're looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.