SEN Teaching Assistant
Do you have a passion for working with special needs learners?
Do you want to work with young adults and help shape their independence ready for the real world?
Are you someone who wants to make a difference to someone's life?
A specialised college situated in the Brighton area is looking for a teaching assistant who can join their thriving setting and make a difference to their learners.
This specialised school is a non-maintained special school and college designed to meet the educational, behavioural, care and therapeutic needs for children (age 7- 24 years).
All the learners are on the Autistic spectrum which means they may exhibit a range of difficulties and also strengths.
* Free parking
* Free hot meal
* Access to all school facilities
* CPD opportunities within the school
Benefits of working with Randstad:
* Team teach Training
* Dedicated consultants 24/7 (We offer an out of hours service!)
* Continuous support throughout your whole journey
* Opportunity to choose your work pattern
Your responsibilities will include:
* Assisting students during class making sure they are on track
* Liaise with the class teacher to ensure a smooth running class
* Enabling learners to access the curriculum
* Supporting the pastoral needs of the learners
* Supporting learners on a 1:1 basis
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and capabilities:
* Ability to work with learners that have various learning difficulties
* Have a strong understanding of the students with emotional needs
* Willingness to learn and build relationships with learners
* Confidence in leading groups across various educational subjects
Do you feel that this is a rewarding role for you? Then apply ASAP.
For more information about this role contact Sarah Elmasry on 01293-527416 or email for a chat about the role.
Further more, we have an array of positions in West Sussex which may also be of interest to you.
Randstad Education maintains the highest standard of child safety and compliance when placing candidates into schools. Any successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that also includes the enhanced DBS check.