Account Manager - Turbochargers
ACCOUNT MANAGER - TURBOCHARGERS - WORLD LEADING ENGINEERING ORGANISATION - FULL UK COVERAGE - HQ BASED IN TELFORD - COMPETITIVE BASIC SALARY + CAR OR CAR ALLOWANCE + 25% ANNUAL BONUS + PENSION + 33 DAYS HOLIDAYS + FLEXIBLE BENEFITS - FANTASTIC CAREER OPPORTUNITY!!!
My client is a global leader in power and automation technologies operating in more than 100 countries worldwide, and employing 150,000 people. In the UK they operate from more than 20 locations nationally and employs approximately 3,000 people.
Joining our clients Turbocharging division, a technology and market leader in the manufacture and maintenance of turbochargers for 500 kW to 80+ MW diesel and gas engines; the role will predominantly involve the delivery of service sales whilst also incorporating refurbs and replacement Turbochargers within the Marine and Power Generation industries.
The role will involve 80% Account Management and around 20% New Business - any new business will mainly be due to new Power generation companies cropping up over the UK . Our client currently has 200,000+ turbochargers in operation across the globe on ships, power stations, gen-sets, diesel locomotives and large off-highway vehicles. You will be accountable for owner decisions in favour of our client in new and service business which will provide alignment with existing OEM and end user agreements. You will be responsible for building a professional long term relationships with assigned customer base.
Our client has full database of their Turbochargers UK wide. The goal will be to contact all these 'exisiting' accounts and signing them up for a full TC service plan, refit or replacement + future service plans.
- Develop a cohesive sales plan with the Head of End User Sales to drive the growth of service agreements
- Validate and develop a clear player map around our Installed Base (IB) across the UK's Marine and Power Gen industries.
- Act as a representative for our client's UK Turbocharging division and its service stations.
- Developing proposal and quotations
- Be self-motivated in developing sales plans, number of visits and time management
- Provide marketing support for programs and sales plans launched by our client's Turbocharging division.
- Ensure adherence to existing rules and policies such as circular letters and compliance
- Meet targets and objectives as set by the Business Unit.
- Review, monitor & evaluate performance of assigned customer accounts.
- Total commitment to Health & Safety
- Must have a strong analytic mind to develop sales plans and create a key player map.
- Ideally have a strong background in mechanical or maintenance engineering within the Marine or Power Generation markets.
- Demonstrate excellent customer focus and networking skills
- Organised, logical & PC literate
- Be self-motivated and target orientated
- Full UK driving Licence
- HNC / HND in an engineering discipline
- Turbocharging experience
- Competitive Basic Dependent Upon Experience
- Car or car allowance
- up to 25% bonus
- Company pension programme
- 25 days holidays PLUS stats (33 days)
- Extra Flexible Benefits
The role has a pre-set interview date and decisions on who will be selected for interview will be made on Friday 13th April. Feel free to get in touch with Daniel Shaw at Cordant Engineering on for more information.
Locations: Full UK - West Midlands preferred (training purposes)
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer