To provide the management team with meaningful and timely information on the status of the various properties performance.
To assist proactively with cost containment, revenue enhancement, profit improvement opportunities and safeguarding the Group's assets.
Leading Hotel Chain within a growing Property Group in Leeds
- To maintain proper and complete accounting records for each property
- To ensure that the records and transactions within accounts are accurate and correct at all times.
Safeguarding of assets
- To implement all necessary controls to safeguard the assets and properties
- To prepare and interpret the financial statements and reports
- To provide financial information to management as tools for maximizing
profits and planning for the future growth of the brands. Reports produced should stimulate management action.
Budgets and forecasts
- To compile, together with the other executives, budgets and forecasts covering all activities
- To compile treasury/cash flow forecasts for the business.
Controls and procedures
- To ensure that the established controls and procedures in respect of the controller's areas of responsibility are being complied with at all times.
- To ensure that there are proper procedures and controls for the management of cash on site.
Purchasing, receiving and stores
- To ensure that there are, at all times, proper procedures and controls for purchasing, receiving, stores and requisitioning goods.
- To ensure that physical inventories of all supplies are being taken on a monthly basis and of all operating equipment on a quarterly basis.
New computer system
- Understand new system and assist with migration
- To implement future changes /additions to the electronic data processing systems of the Group.
- To ensure that the computer systems and their software are used effectively, well safeguarded and properly maintained.
- 3 or more years' experience in a similar role
- Experience in either the hotel sector would be an advantage but not essential
- Good computer skills are essential (Excellent standard in Excel)
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise work
- Works effectively within a team and can lead/ inspire junior team members
- Able to grow with the business
- Partner to the operational team
Progression opportunity, the role is intended to grow as the Brand company grows. You will not only have opportunity to grow a team underneath you, but to be involved with the strategic growth of the Group.
Competitive salary, benefits package and potential for Leeds City Centre parking.