Design & Estimating Engineer
Are you an innovative and forward thinking Design Engineer looking for an opportunity to work with a reputable and global organisation who are a the leader within their business? Do you have experience in costing and design of specialist equipment such as pump or pressure reducing systems, vales or heat transfer units?
If so our client are looking for a Design and Estimating Engineer to join them on a full time and permanent basis. The role attracts a highly competitive salary as well as an excellent benefits package and also an early finish on a Friday.
- Design and Costing of the Heat Exchange, Pump or Pressure Reducing system from the original enquiry/specification;
- System setup for manufacturing, from order acceptance through to dispatch including liaison with the CAD Design Department for detailed Customer Acceptance Drawings and Internal and External component sourcing
- Ongoing Technical and Commercial guidance throughout the lifespan of the Contract.
- Ensure designs comply with Health and safety requirements
- Provide material part lists and supplier information
- Deliver on time and report progress during the design and manufacturing cycle.
- Deliver planned performance levels in accordance with agreed departmental key performance indicators (KPI).
- Communicate with CAD engineers, the fabrication shop, suppliers and internal customers.
- Resolve internal and external issues
- Comply with company procedures
- Previous experience of working with engineering data sheets
- Customer interaction to identify engineering solutions to timescale and budget
- Experience of working with the CAD design engineering and shop floor teams to produce customer deliverables to time, cost and quality
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Product and System design experience
- Familiarity of sizing programmes and configuration tools
- Ability to work well and communicate with various areas of a business
- Hands on approach
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class business who pride themselves in their employee investment and development. If you feel you have the desired requirements to be successful in this role please send your CV to or apply online with your CV for immediate consideration
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.