Technical Manager - FOOD
Job Title: Technical Manager
Based just outside of Chester
Are you a Technical Manager or an experienced Qaulity Manager looking for that next step up on the career ladder then I may have the role for you.
My client is looking for a Technical Manager for their site based just outside Chester.
•As a Technical Manager, the purpose of your role is to maintain the Quality Management System (HACCP) and ensure compliance with legislative and customer requirements.
• Quality assurance aims to ensure that the product or service an organisation provides is fit for purpose and meets both external and internal requirements including legal compliance and customer expectations.
• Technical Manager will monitor and advise on the performance of the quality management system and produces data reporting on performance, measuring against set indicators.
• Provide clear and strong departmental leadership in order to deliver a focused, self managing, motivated and highly competent technical team Responsibilities
• Budget responsibility for the Technical process
• Financial awareness of labour control and operational KPI’s Duties / Responsibilities
• To write Quality System that complies with all standards required by the regulatory authorities
• Managing external audits and being audit ready at all times
• Corrective actions are put in place to ensure technical integrity and standards are maintained at all times
• To work in partnership with a range of high profile customers, ensuring and promoting best practice
• Managing customer visits and complaints (root cause analysis, trending, interface with customers)
• To ensure site hygiene standards are met and hygiene audits carried out
• Conduct quality audits • Working with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers
• Ensuring compliance with national and international standards and legislation
• Considering the application of environmental and health and safety standards
• Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures
• Ensuring tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated and that product modifications are investigated if necessary
• Supervising technical staff in carrying out tests and checks
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required...
• You will be extremely driven, a strong leader (able to influence people at all levels), passionate individual with a strong technical management track record in the food manufacturing industry ideally within a high risk product background such as meat or poultry.
• You will have excellent customer facing and supplier management experience together with outstanding organisational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience of working in chilled environment is essential for this role
• IT literate
• An understanding of BRC and retail customer’s expectations are important
• Able to calmly react to unexpected business demands and able to motivate your team to achieve high standards
• A full UK/EU driving licence is also essential and the flexibility to undertake travel as required
• Reliable, flexible, adaptable and committed