HGV Fleet Technician Team Leader
A dynamic Commercial Fleet Services provider is looking for a HGV Fleet Technician (Team Leader).
Offering a permanent day time contract based at their Chesterfield workshop, you will be responsible for servicing and maintenance of commercial vehicles in a modern, clean workshop. You will be an accurate, methodical worker, supervising three HGV Fleet Technicians in a close-knit team. In return you will receive a competitive salary, a daytime contract, a generous holiday allowance and paid IRTEC license and class 1 and 2 licenses. You will have the chance to be part of a strong, talented team working for a company that prizes quality technician work and invests heavily in their technicians to achieve this. Established for over 10 years, the client's reputation for quality VOSA standard technician work allows them to gain repeat business and a steady inflow of new commercial contracts.
- Carrying out general planned maintenance work and MOT prep, supporting fleet managers in maintaining their vehicles
- Supervising a team of three HGV Fleet Technicians and ensuring that all job cards are complete and the necessary paperwork is compliant
- Operating all relevant tools and machines safely in order to resolve mechanical / electrical / pneumatic problems to legislative requirements
- Diagnosing electrical faults and documenting faults and carrying out in depth engineering work
- Carrying out major unit overhauls on engines and gearbox's etc.
- Ensuring all compliance paperwork is complete and documenting ongoing work at every stage
- Carrying out reactive breakdown work, at the roadside when necessary
- Liaising with both customers over the phone and the parts manager to ensure a joined up approach.
- Completing a hand over at the start and the end of each shift with the workshop manager
- Have extensive HGV Fleet Technician experience in a similar role, eight years plus
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of vehicles, trailers, workshop plant and equipment
- A confident telephone manner when dealing with clients over the phone
- Organisation skills to ensure all paperwork is kept up to date
- HGV C+E license strongly desired
- Tail lift LOLER and weight testing training ideally
- Educated to City and Guilds standard in Mechanical Engineering
- Willingness to work daytime hours. The hours rotate between week 1 (6:00 to 15:30) and week 2 (11:00 to 20:00 and 7:30 - 14:30 on Saturday). Only every second Saturday is worked.
- A willingness to be on-call for one week per month. Call outs are rare and well paid.
- Competitive salary of £35,000 per annum
- Predominantly Monday to Friday role
- Daytime hours within a
- Minimum 31 days holiday per annum. Holidays can also be accrued in lieu
- Modern environment with state of the art tools
- An employer that invests: your IRTEC license and any necessary LOLER, Category C/ Category C + E licenses will be paid for
- Friendly, modern working environment
** HGV technician, HGV Fleet maintenance, HGV Fleet technician, PSV Servicing, CPC, Category C, Category C + E, Chesterfield, pneumatic repair work, mechanical engineering, City & Guilds Mechanical Engineering, Fleet Servicing, LOLER, Roadside,**