We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Legacy Fundraiser to play a vital part within a dynamic organisation. You will maintain and develop an ambitious fundraising stratergy, ensuring all opportunities to increase funding from trusts, foundations and grants are maximised.
Duties will include:
- Identify additional opportunities to raise unrestricted and restricted funds
- Develop, manage and grow the legacy portfolio
- Meet regularly with managers to identify budgeted activities that can be packaged as projects
- Make high quality funding applications, within donors’ deadlines in order to achieve income targets each year according to the fundraising budget
- Prepare and update detailed research on trusts, foundations and other grant making bodies
- Ensure new income streams are researched and applications made as appropriate
- Contribute to fundraising and interdepartmental meetings as requested
- Manage grants and donations
- Attend events in order to develop relationships with existing and prospective donors,
- Ensuring donors are informed of new projects and developments within the organisation
You will have experience in trusts, applications and major donor fundraising. You will have sound knowledge of Charity Law and industry legislation's as well as being a confident communicator with the ability to build relationships and motivate supporters. An understanding of Legacy fundraising is preferred.