Senior Operational Risk Analyst
Well known, long standing Financial Services firm are looking to recruit a Senior Risk Analyst to be located in their West Midlands based headquarters. The purpose of the role is to provide support to the Risk Manager and wider Operational Risk Management function and contribute to the provision of ongoing Risk Reporting, assurance that the Risk Management Framework is designed and operating effectively and support the business in meeting its obligations with regards to risk management, including Solvency II and the Internal Model Application Process.
The location is easily commutable buy both public and private transport from areas to include Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Telford, Shropshire, West Bromwich.
Risk Management Reporting
- Support Quantitative (Financial) and Qualitative (Operational) elements of risk reporting
- Support the delivery of the Solvency II regulatory risk narrative reporting
- Support the delivery of the regular monthly/quarterly risk reporting to the governing committees.
Maintaining Risk Management Systems
- Support the governance of the Risk Management Standards and Model Governance Policies.
- Support the production and promote the Control Risk Behaviour statistics.
- Support the maintenance of Risk tools i.e. GRACE.
Collation and delivery of papers to key governance committees
- Ensure submissions are timely
- Ensure coversheets are provided as per committee requirements
- Review and ensure quality and standards of submissions are maintained
- Manage actions and outputs of committee meetings
- Liaise with CoSec to ensure 'smooth’ submission of risk content
- Liaise with Technical Committee Secretary to ensure 'smooth’ submission of risk content
- Develop and maintain good relationships with members of management around the business on an on-going basis
- Work collaboratively with the other 2nd line functions (including Information Security, Operational Risk Management, Group Risk Management functions and Compliance),
- Numerical degree, minimum A Level in mathematics
- Experience gained within financial services, ideally within Operational Risk / Risk Management, but also open to experience across compliance / assurance / audit with candidates keen to make a move and develop a career within Risk.
- Strong communicator