Technical Pensions Analyst
This is a great opportunity to join our Reigate retirement team as a Technical Pensions Analyst.
Our actuarial technicians are responsible for delivering the majority of processing work across a wide range of technical areas. In addition to core actuarial work there are many opportunities for colleagues to broaden and develop their careers; as subject matter experts in one or more technical areas, people managers, and operational leaders etc. To assist with our continual career development culture we actively encourage individuals to take up a wide variety of secondment opportunities in other areas of the business and/or with clients so they can bring the benefits of their different experiences back into the team.
For your area of specialism you will help lead a team of permanent and transient analysts (trainee and mid-level analyst) to ensure the consulting and other teams within the business receive high quality, timely and cost effective support for a variety of complex internal and external client projects. This will involve working with client and other teams to understand technical requirements, assist with specifying the necessary work and producing relevant results and draft reports where required. You are likely to have several years’ experience working in a technical pension support role with a robust knowledge of UK pension legislation and relevant actuarial techniques and processes. Key responsibilities will include undertaking as well as checking individual member calculations, actuarial valuations, factor reviews, funding updates and accounting disclosures as well as drafting reports and other client documentation. Other duties will include for example:
- Project management
- Associate training and development
- Information and operations management
- Process improvement
- Ensure you and those that do work for you have the necessary skills and experience to carry out allocated work effectively
- Ensure internal quality processes are adhered to at all times
- Coach and mentor more junior colleagues
- Build and maintain solid and productive working relationships with internal clients
- Ensure you and those doing work for you deliver first time, on time and within agreed service level agreements
- You are recognised as an integral and essential part of service delivery
- You help deliver high quality work to agreed scope cost effectively
- All of your work is logged in accordance with time recording procedures The Requirements
- Graduate or equivalent academic and practical experience in a professional service organisation
- A deep and comprehensive technical and procedural knowledge of the defined benefit sector
- Outstanding organisation skills
- Good Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- Proven people skills
- Good negotiation/influencing skills
- Pragmatic and commercial approach to problem solving
- Wholly committed to service delivery
- Ability to deal with priority conflict
- Strong desire to coach and develop associates The Company
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.