gap commercial is acting as an employment agency to recruit for a Buyer for our client based in Milton Keynes. The purpose of the role is to support the Purchasing team and the operations team which includes production planning, materials planning and inventory management.
- Managing Supplier relationships
- Managing purchasing requests and orders.
- Using MRP and forecast requirements to maximise cost savings
- Purchasing of parts and materials in line with company procedures.
- Reporting on quality issues to suppliers.
- Identify cost saving and cost avoidance and take appropriate action.
- Continuous improvement.
- Report on any issues which may impact on production.
- Experience in a purchasing or buying role.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP principles
- Formal qualification is desirable but not essential.
This role is working Monday to Friday, 38 hours per week, with some travel and overnight stay required. We are offering a salary of up to £30,000 per annum for the right candidate depending on experience.
Due to the nature of the business, you must hold a valid UK passport in date, or have permanent residency of over 5 years or more, with indefinite leave to stay. All applicants must undergo a full NSV at the point of offer stage and undergo BPSS for security clearance.
We require all candidates to send copies of their right to work documents prior to their cv being sent over to you our clients.
Due to the high level of CV's that we receive, we will try to get back to everyone individually. If you have not heard back from us within 7-10 days then your application has not been successful on this occasion, however, we will keep your details on file and contact you should a suitable position become available.