Senior Audit & Compliance Officer/Manager
MERJE have been retained by a globally renowned professional accountancy governing body to recruit a Senior Audit & Compliance Officer/Manager to join the monitoring team which is responsible through the examination of relevant documentation, for ensuring that member firms adhere to appropriate standards of conduct and comply with relevant rules, regulations and standards.
Within the team, the primary responsibility of the successful candidate is to undertake monitoring of individuals and firms in the UK and Ireland to conduct audit work. This involves carrying out monitoring visits to the firms’ premises in accordance with prescribed procedures and producing written reports on those visits on a timely basis. The candidate will be responsible for organising their own work schedule from a predetermined allocation of monitoring visits in order to meet departmental targets.
Full training will be provided on monitoring procedures and the requirements of the rules and regulations.
- Plan and conduct monitoring visits, to firms holding a UK or Ireland auditing certificate.
- Consider and recommend further regulatory action, where appropriate.
- Prepare and issue on a timely basis a detailed report to the firm after each monitoring visit which confirms the findings and any required or recommended future action.
- Provide information as necessary to other departments.
- Carry out peer reviews of visit reports produced by colleagues in the Compliance Unit in accordance with defined procedures to ensure consistency of approach across the department and maintain the quality of written output.
- Ensure that the firm responds to the visit report and provides any outstanding information by the date specified, including adhering to the procedures laid down for issuing reminders, where necessary. Respond to post-visit correspondence from the firm, including the assessment of any action plan to improve the standard of the firm’s work, and providing further guidance as necessary.
- Undertake a number of monitoring visits in accordance with objectives
- Plan and arrange the visits to ensure they are undertaken by the due date
- Issue visit reports within a specified time period
- Review visit reports produced by colleagues within a specified timescale
- Adhere to defined procedures to ensure that firms respond promptly to visit reports and provide any additional information required
- Deal promptly with any correspondence arising from visits
- A recognised professional accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA or equivalent)
- In-depth technical knowledge of International Standards on Auditing, Ethical Standards rulebook.