A UK based insurance company have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager to join their busy and growing finance department as a senior member of management. It is an excellent opportunity to join this company as it goes from strength to strength.
As the Finance Manager you will offer leadership and be a strong team player, playing an integral part of the day to day smooth running of the finance department. You will be reporting directly to the Finance Director and have responsibility for a team of 4/5 staff.
The duties of the Finance manager include:
- Producing management accounts
- Financial analysis of reports and monthly / quarterly / year end accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Staff management - to include training, reviews, appraisals, workload management
- Involvement in recruitment of new finance staff
- Production of Year End accounts
- Producing Audit packs - liaising with external auditors
- Forecasting of future performance
- Production of annual budgets
- Provide strategical financial and operational advice to the board
The ideal Finance Manager will have a logically and methodical approach to their work load with a proactive and self-motivated attitude. Experience of working within a regulated environment is advantageous due to the nature of the company. You must be a strong character who isn’t afraid to challenge and push boundaries to create better processes. As a finance manager it is essential that you have previous experience of both financial and management accounting and have a proven record of team management in previous roles.
It is vital that you have excellent Excel skills and have previously used Sage accounting software. You will also be either ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified although qualified by experience would be considered.
The company offers a generous salary and benefits package, continual professional development and progression opportunities.
For more information please contact Kathryn Ali at Cameron James Professional Recruitment