Deputy Head of English Language and Testing
London or home-based
Who we are
The BPP Professional Education Group is a global education provider delivering world-class professional qualifications. The group delivers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes and professional qualifications across the UK, internationally and through innovative online learning platforms.
What you’ll do
The purpose of the role is to support the Head in providing effective leadership of the Service with responsibility for specific areas of the provision.
The job will sit within the English Language and Testing Service and work across BPP as part of the Education Services family. The Service has four main areas of responsibility: Pre-Sessional English provision, In-sessional English provision, Functional skills (English, Maths and ICT) support and English Language Testing. The Deputy will take responsibility for some of these areas and work with the Head to ensure the quality and effectiveness of the Service.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support the Head in the planning and delivery of Pre-Sessional and In-Sessional English Language support
- Lead on the English, Maths and ICT support for apprenticeships, planning of support, materials and exams
- Support the Head in the planning and implementation of English language testing that meets the needs of internal stakeholders and is compliant with UKVI requirements
- Make a proactive contribution to the promotion of the English language and Testing Service.
- Support the Head in providing strong pedagogic support in the provision of the different support areas.
- Demonstrate excellence in the development and use of the VLE to support student achievement and to enhance the student learning experience.
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills in planning and delivery of English language provision
- Line manage a group of staff (including Associates)
With experience in leading English language provision within a Higher Education Institution, you will have a first degree or professional qualification along with a level 7 qualification in a relevant discipline. You will also hold a teaching qualification.
You will have knowledge of City and Guilds functional Skills qualifications along with experience of delivering home office compliant English Language Testing.
Your excellent written and verbal communication skills will enable you to develop and maintain productive internal and external relationships. You will have the ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise your workload to meet tight deadlines. You will also be competent in the use of IT packages.
Your experience of managing complex and dynamic operations will ensure a high quality student learning experience.
The successful candidate will demonstrate innovation and creativity in the development of resources to support student learning and show a willingness to learn new technologies.