Solicitor/Legal Executive/Experienced Fee Earner
Simpson Millar LLP recognise that everyone wants a service that suits their needs, which is why we have developed a range of products and services that are simple, transparent and have no hidden surprises.We provide a wide range of legal services, including: Family, Clinical Negligence, Personal Injury, Public Law, conveyancing, employment, road traffic accidents and holiday claims.
We now have a vacancy in our Kingston upon Thames office for a Solicitor/Fee Earner to join our growing team.
Our new Solicitor will undertake fee-earning work within the firm’s Travel and Holiday Claims Personal Injury Department to achieve financial targets, both in respect of fee income and recording chargeable hours. You will be required to contribute towards the general success of the department. There is the opportunity also to progress to undertake Managerial and Team Leader responsibilities.
Our Solicitor responsibilities will be:
- To take responsibility for the conduct of Fast-Track and Multi-Track Travel/Holiday personal injury cases from initial instruction to conclusion. There will be some CFA work.
- To manage the efficient and prompt progression of cases and ensure cases are concluded to financial targets.
- To undertake risk-assessments and liaise directly with clients and third parties.
- To maintain high standards in the conduct of all work and maintain the highest level of professional standards and client care at all times.
- To build and maintain strong professional working relationships with external institutions and organisations.
- To adhere to the professional Code of Conduct and comply with the firm’s internal policies, best practices and procedures and to comply with all legislation applicable to the legal profession and to all relevant quality standards.
- Through training keep fully up to date with relevant legislation and best practice.
- Promote and actively participate in marketing activities and initiatives within the Travel Department and firm generally.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all firm-wide and client documentation and that information is protected at all times.
- To work with a case management system, databases and office IT systems.
- Compliance with the firms Money Laundering and Data Protection Policies.
- Strong interpersonal and practical skills including demonstrable negotiation skills..
Experience / Knowledge / Qualifications
- A competent knowledge of Travel and Holiday Personal Injury Law, including procedural and practical skills
- 5 GCSE (to include Maths & English) or equivalent.
- Strong IT Skills with the ability to work with a Case Management System, databases and normal office IP systems.
- Experience of working with the general public and demonstrate a sensitive and cooperative approach to clients.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Civil procedure and protocols.
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity to be our new Solicitor/Fee Earner, click ‘apply’.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.